How to Repair Electric Fireplace Heater at Home? 

An electric fireplace heater is a great way to add ambiance and warmth to your living room during the winter months. However, like all appliances, they can experience problems and require a little maintenance. 

(Looking for stone fireplace repair? Contact us today!)

You can easily repair your electric fireplace heater at home if you have the right tools and knowledge. Before you start tearing apart your fireplace, though, there are some things you should first do to determine whether the problem is with it or with something else in your home. 

The first thing you should do is check the power supply and make sure that it’s plugged in correctly. To do this, remove the power cord from your electric fireplace and go to your home’s breaker box and find out which circuit your fireplace is plugged into. You should also see if there are any tripped fuses or circuit breakers in your home’s fuse box. If there are, replace the fuses and reset the circuit breakers. 

If your electric fireplace does not heat up, then it is most likely a problem with the heating element. It can be hard to determine if a heating element needs replacing, so it’s important to contact customer service and ask about your particular model of the electric fireplace and what the issue is. 

In addition, the wiring can sometimes be loose, which could be causing the heating element to work less efficiently. In this case, you may need to fix the wiring before you can start to figure out if a replacement heating element is needed. 

Another common cause of an electric fireplace that does not heat up is a blown fuse. To check this, disconnect your appliance from the power source and look for a blown fuse in your home’s breaker box. If you find a blown fuse, replace it with a new fuse that is the same amperage as your blown fuse. 

The next step is to check the voltage at the outlet your fireplace is plugged into. This can be done by using a multimeter and reading the voltage of the outlet. 

Usually, an outlet will read somewhere between 110 and 120 volts. If the unit is plugged into an outlet that reads too low, it can be a sign of a problem with the unit’s wiring or the wires in your wall. If the unit is plugged into an alternating current outlet, then it can be a sign of a fuse or circuit breaker that has tripped. 

One other thing to check is whether or not any other electrical appliances are plugged into the same circuit as your heater. You should not have more than two or three electrical devices plugged into the same circuit, as it can draw too much current for your outlet and trigger the breaker. 

Some models of electric fireplaces have an access cover that you can remove to examine the flame components and flame motor inside. This will differ from model to model but will most likely be located in the back of the fireplace, not in the middle. This may be a small access cover or a full-size access cover that covers the entire back of the fireplace.